[ltp] what to use to save battery

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:23:45 +0800

And the larger the amount of memory, the more the energy consumed to
write them all to disk.

Because someone earlier mentioned to increase the amount of memory (RAM)
to conserve disk activities.

I just tried to point out that if you use hibern/restore a lot (write to
disk), the energy consumption would increase, contradiciting the purpose.