[ltp] Re: strange resume behaviour

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 08:08:06 +0200

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:02:04PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> Martin Lorenz <martin@lorenz.eu.org> writes:
>
> > yes, I already asked a lot of questions here and I am sorry to add another
> > one...
> >
> > since today afternoon I can no longer resume from suspend-to-ram.
> > I played around a bit with my xorg.conf and installed the new i810 driver
> > for X. I am not aware to have changed anything else.
> >
> > now the symptom: when I suspend to ram and resume all seems to be ok, except
> > that I don't get my screen back.
> >
> > More specifically: The machine is still responsive and I can shutdown
> > blindly but I can do nothing to switch the screen back on.
> >

> Been there; done that.  On my machine I needed
>
>   MODULES="fglrx"

isn't fglrx an xorg module?
I don't even have such a module somewhere.

maybe I am totally misconfigured, but fglrx dosen't show up anywhere.

> in /etc/default/acpi-support if I wanted to get my screen back.
> Essentially, IIUC, this means the module is unloaded just before
> suspend and reloaded just before resume.

essentially I suspend without the helper scripts, just by echoing 'mem' to
/sys/power/state. this worked until yesterday afternoon...

and now it dosen't no matter  if I suspend in X or textmode.

> I have the strange behavior that I often can't wake up fully from resume
> until I've pressed the blue "Fn" key.  A total mystery to me, but not
> a showstopper.  Still, I wish I understood why this was happening.
>
> --
> Dave Abrahams
> Boost Consulting
> www.boost-consulting.com