[ltp] Re: strange resume behaviour

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:06:35 +0200

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 03:38:39PM +0200, Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz wrote:
>=20
> ah!
> got it
> this will be the intelfb driver
> but I compiled it into the kernel...
> so will try and bake another kernel with intelfb as a module

that one diden't do the trick

to give it a try I added 'vbetool post' to my /etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh script
and see: the video comes back on.

unfortunately 'vbetool post' kills X, so there is no much use in this
hack but maybe there is someone here who can make sense out of this
information ^^

thank you

greets
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

please encrypt your mail to me