[ltp] bios upgrade for VT-x support on X60

Chris Zhang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 21:10:56 +1000

------=_Part_3958_12073422.1157713856017

Hi list,

I recently bought a X60 with a Duo T2400 CPU that supports Intel
Virtualisation Technology. I want to turn it on and after a few days
research I was led to believe I also need a BIOS that supports VT-x. I went
to IBM's site and got the latest BIOS 1.10, but there is still no support
for VT-x. I heard on T60p model there is an option in bios which lets you
turn on and off VT-x, is that true? Has anyone gotten this VT-x to work with
their thinkpads? With this turned on, using Xen, you can run Windows inside
Linux just like VMWare, but for free.

Thanks

Chris

------=_Part_3958_12073422.1157713856017

Intel Virtualisation Technology. I want to turn it on and after a few days
research I was led to believe I also need a BIOS that supports VT-x. I went to
IBM's site and got the latest BIOS 1.10, but there is still no support for
VT-x. I heard on T60p model there is an option in bios which lets you turn on
and off VT-x, is that true? Has anyone gotten this VT-x to work with their
thinkpads? With this turned on, using Xen, you can run Windows inside Linux
just like VMWare, but for free.</p>

------=_Part_3958_12073422.1157713856017--