[ltp] Re: Undocking?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:06:07 -0400

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@gmail.com> writes:

> On 9/11/06, David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>> Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> writes:

>> > Interesting. Hopefully this will be integrated into main.
>>
>> I am using a 2.6.18-rc6 kernel right now and (still some issues, but)
>> the docking station support (which has been integrated) seems to work
>> really well.  It even recognizes the dock without having had it
>> connected at boot time.
>
> Does it work with ibm_acpi or are the two still mutually exclusive?

I haven't yet had a chance to analyze what it's doing, but there is an
option to enable "legacy docking station support," which I selected.
On the other hand, /var/log/acpid doesn't seem to contain dock
events.  So give me a couple days to get unburied before I start
messing with that again and I'll try to give a more complete report.

What I know is working that never worked before: I booted undocked,
but when I plug in the machine the dock it goes into "press the undock
button before removal" mode and the USB devices connected to the dock
start working.  Haven't tried to undock yet.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting