[ltp] linux on my T43p

Pino Giaquinto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:39:01 +0200

Now there is still Windows XP on my T43p :-(
If I set in my BIOS 'Predesktop Area' to Normal, Secure or Disable... I see
(using linux fdisk) the same amount of cylinders (10337), heads (240) and
sectors (63)!
My disk is 80 GB with just 1 partition: /dev/hda1 (bootable).
I not see others partitions!
Besides... if I press 'Access IBM' button on boot, Rescue and Recovery
starts...
The questions are:
1) is there still the hidden area/partition on my HD or have I lost it?
2) if I have lost the content of this area, and if I write on MBR... and
tomorrow I want to re-install just Windows XP... can then still use 'Access
IBM' button to start Rescue and Recovery?
3) Where can I  find a MBR image from internet?

Please help me... I wish to install Linux on my notebook!