[ltp] Setting up a Thinkpad 770 for Linux

Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:45:55 +0100

thinkpadr31@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:
> Both batteries are dead - I get the 173 and 163 error codes.

> I proceed to set the internal clock.   I see the laptop reboot to a
> system splash screen with Off and On icons.   I'm afraid I don't know
> how to address what I see except to turn it off and repeat the clock
> setting process all over.
>
> I hope I won't need to actually get a working clock battery - I just
> want to install Damn Small Linux or perhaps BeatrIX.

I have a 770. I'm pretty sure that the clock battery is trivial to
install (unscrew the RAM cover), and it's just a standard CR2032 or
something. I can't remember for sure, but if memory serves, this is a
much easier fix than you think.

Best wishes,

Richard