[ltp] X60s high pitch sound

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:26:47 +0200

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 02:43:33PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Martin Lorenz wrote:
>
> > and even stanger: after that I hear a high pitch noise from the book.
> make a bios upgrade

well this seems to be non-trivial on a X60

I already created several boot-cds with different floppy images but did not
succeed

FreeDOS is booted elegantly from CD but then it dosen't see the CD
tried some different DOS cdrom drivers which are reported to work with USB
cdrom drives but none of them would load

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz