[ltp] What about XGL/Compiz experiencies on a T42

M Daniel R Magarzo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:12:17 +0200

El jue, 14-09-2006 a las 17:19 -0400, Alex Deucher escribió:

> I'm running compiz via aiglx using xorg 7.1 and the opensource radeon
> driver on my t41p (M10, 128 MB) and it works fine; very stable.  also
> works fine on various desktop cards.  it also works on my m6 in my
> other laptop, but since it only has 8 MB or ram I'm limited to 512x512
> textures which produces some "interesting" effects.  the major gotchas
> with compiz are support for rectangular textures and double buffered
> root visuals.
>
> Alex

So please.., I suppose that the resolution in your T41p is the native
one (1400x1050 ?) ... isn't it?
BTW, I didn't know that these effects could be reached just with the
Open Source radeon driver, since everywhere they talk about installing
the ATI proprietary driver previously. If not, is there enough
3D-acceleration there?

Your experiences/tests with your "other laptop" are really
incredible :-) You really are a computer lover, man! It is said that
often ... reality exceeds fiction.

Thank you

Daniel