[ltp] Wireless switch on (newer?) thinkpads (e.g. z61p)

Johannes Boy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:08:16 +0200

Greetings,
I'm playing around with my new z61p right now and I was wondering how
to get this wireless switch to work (I guess it turns off the wireless
radio(s) on a hardware basis)
What I found out so far is:
ibm_acpi sends an event for it: received event "ibm/hotkey HKEY
00000080 00007000"
(I entered the event in the "special key" section of the wiki).
So it would be easy to include an acpi action script to start/stop
daemons & services using this event key, however:
The same event is sent on turning it on and when turning it off, so
telling which way it was turned isn't possible by just looking at the
event.
Also, I couldnt find any hardware-based information about this script in
- /proc/acpi/*
- lshal
- lspci

Sooo... does anyone have any information about how to get the status
of this switch?

Teilzeitstudent