[ltp] How to improve battery life on Thinkpad X60s

John Fremlin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:20:05 +0000

Martin Aumueller <aumuell@reserv.at> writes:

> See below what Florian Reitmair wrote on the matter a couple of days ago (6.
> Sep) on this mailing list. Search the archive (e.g. at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-thinkpad&r=1&w=2) for viewing the whole
> thread.

Thanks for the link. However, as all the devices he was tuning to
lower the power of were disabled in my configuration it does not help
-- except perhaps for CPU undervolting, but I doubt that MS Windows
does this?

I am curious to discover which component it is that MS Windows can
power down and Linux cannot. It feels like whatever is under the "IBM"
logo on the right hand side of the fingerprint reader.

Any suggestions?

[...]