[ltp] Trying to eject ultrabay slim locks computer.

Barny Sanchez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:26:14 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am trying to eject my ultrabay by typing echo eject
> /proc/acpi/ibm/bay)and I see the power light of my ultrabay go off,
but the entire computer locks up.  I have no other choice than to
manually power it down and back up again.

I have a Thinkpad T42 running Fedora Core 6, kernel 2.6.17-1.2647.fc6.
Right now the device I have in my ultrabay is de CDRW+DVD combo, and I
want to be able to pop this one out to insert another hard drive that I
have in a bay, or viceversa.

Any ideas, points, anything will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Barny