[ltp] Linux on T43p: Predesktop Area, Access IBM button and RnR

Pino Giaquinto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:27:17 +0200

If I press Access IBM button on boot... it starts RnR... but there is'nt any
'Access IBM Predesktop Area' application on my screen!
I think the previous owner of this notebook has destroyed the Predesktop
Area (hidden partition /dev/sda2).
Using linux fdisk (any setting of Predesktop Area in BIOS: Normal, Secure or
Disable) I see same space available and just 1 partition: /dev/sda1 (NTFS).
If he has lost the hidden area/partition... can I install linux and write on
MBR?
Can I use ALL available space on my HD?
If tomorrow I delete linux partitions and re-install XP using a standard XP
disk... Access IBM button  works again? Starts it RnR?
I need your help...!