[ltp] 2.6.18 delays switch to text console

U Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:43:16 +0200

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> I regularly switch from X to the text console (also, for hibernating).
> 2.6.18 is adding a big delay, of 5s or so, during which the screen is
> completely blank.  After the delay, the regular console text appears.
>
> Anyone else is experiencing this?  The text console is *not* fbcon, just the
> regular text-mode vga console, and radeonfb is not loaded.

I am using radeonfb and get rather immediate response (2.6.18 plus
suspend2). It gives me the additional automatic benefit of a large
console like 128x48 which I really appreciate whenever I work on the
console.

Cheers
Ulrich