[ltp] Wireless switch on (newer?) thinkpads (e.g. z61p)

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:34:57 +0200

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:40:49PM +0200, Johannes Boy wrote:
> Theres indeed such a directory.
> -> Load the module with switch off: directory not there
> -> Load the module with switch on: direcotry is there
> Which doesnt really help in my case, because I stumpled over some
> strange freezes when I played around with the modules/daemon & the
> NetworkManager-gnome stuff shipped with FC5.(Keyboard did not respond,
> mouse did, X-server was froozen) I wasnt really able to reproduce
> those freezes on a regular basis, but seems it happens sometimes when
> you load the module/start the daemon, the switch is off and the gnome
> applet is running.
> Now, the way such errors work is that they come up when you just
> worked for 1 hour without saving ;p
> Sooo, I wanted to prevent the module/daemon from beeing loaded if the
> switch is off.
[...]
> P.S.
> Michael, did you experience similar freezes on your machine?

No freezes here. I'm not using NetworkManager, so that could make the
difference. Or a different version of any of the other involved parts
could help. kernel? fglrx?

michael

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--