[ltp] Re: 2.6.18 delays switch to text console

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:11:14 -0300

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Elias Oltmanns wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> > I am playing around with 2.6.18, and I noticed something rather strange.
> >
> > I regularly switch from X to the text console (also, for hibernating).
> > 2.6.18 is adding a big delay, of 5s or so, during which the screen is
> > completely blank.  After the delay, the regular console text appears.
>
> I haven't installed it yet; but I just stumbled upon this:
> Enable firmware EDID (FIRMWARE_EDID) [Y/n/?] (NEW) ?
[...]
> Perhaps, this may also be the cause of your problem?

It was a good guess, but no, it's not it.  Disabling FIRMWARE_EDID change
nothing. 2.6.17.13 delays ~3s to switch to console, 2.6.18 delays at least
twice that.

It could be the X server, of course.  Argh, this will be a difficult one to
track.

  Henrique Holschuh