[ltp] bomb batteries

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:36:49 +0300

Hello,

On Sep/23/2006, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> on Sep 23, 2006, 10:27, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> >Anybody has more information? Is it in Sony batteries? Should I
> >really disconnect the battery then? :-)
>

> Given the amount of cars on the roads, and the number of traffic deaths,
> does it mean that you should not cross the streets anymore?

But when I cross the road (specially when I drive :-) ) I am conscious
that maybe I will die. When I leave the computer plugged and I go to
supermarket I am not conscious that maybe will explode and I will fire
the house :-) . I would like to know the probabilities, if it happends
often, etc.

Bruce Schneider said that we don't need to worrie about the things that
appears on newspapers :-) (are not so common, while newspaper doesn't
say that it happends every day, of course)

> >How I can know which battery I have? (Laptop T60, maybe is on a label in
> >battery and I have not looked...)
>

> tp_smapi provides all that information.

ok, thanks!

carles@pinux:~$ grep -i "oem info" /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info
OEM info:                SANYO
carles@pinux:~$

Thanks for the information,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona