[ltp] bomb batteries

Hamish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:58:24 +0100

--nextPart3837289.RBjKCs3GyT

 On 9/23/06, bhaskins@chartermi.net <bhaskins@chartermi.net> wrote:
 > Well, we always can go back to NIMH batteries,
 > not as long a run time though.
 >
 > I have never heard of a nicad or NIMH battery explooding
 > and most Thinkpads will work with them.

I don't know about NiMH (Although I'd bet they can go up too), but NiCads w=
ere=20
notorious for exploding when charged too much. In fact years ago when I was=
=20
into model boats the boating mags were always showing pictures of peoples=20
creations in bits when they'd overcharged their NiCads that were still insi=
de=20
the boats.
They make a BIG mess when they go up... Explosively so. Not just burning.

Hamish.