[ltp] generic acpi bay support for 2.6.18

Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:59:19 -0300

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Whoopie wrote:
> I tested the generic acpi bay patch which was posted on acpi-devel ml.
> The advantage of this generic bay support is that an inserted drive is
> also recognized even if the bay was empty on boot (this didn't work with
> ibm_acpi bay support).

Well, I could get them to work only with bay and dock as modules (both as
builtin, but ibm-acpi as a module).

You need to issue a SCSI scan *also* when doing an eject.  BTW, the need to
issue SCSI scans are a bug/deficiency on the driver, it should do it by
itself upon device ejection and insertion.

  Henrique Holschuh