[ltp] Re: Problem with suspend2

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:29:21 -0400

"Maciej Piechotka" <uzytkownik2@gmail.com> writes:

> My ThinkPad R51e cannot go throught doing atomic copy. If I press R it
> switch "Reboot/Do not reboot", but no other key works.
> On suspend2-users mailing lists they suspected disk driver.
>
> My system:
> Gentoo GNU/Linux, kernel: beyond-sources(it's standard sources + ck
> patchset + suspend2 + reiser4 + few other patches) 2.6.17.40.
> However it didn't worked with suspend2-sources. hibernate-script 1.93-6
>
> Did anyone have the same problems? Could anybody helps?

Yes, I did.  In my case, I need to increase extra_pages_allowance, and
unfortunately, setting that with ProcSetting in
/etc/hibernate/suspend2.conf doesn't seem to have any effect.  It
turns out that I need to manually

      echo 8000 > /sys/power/suspend2/extra_pages_allowance

I posted about this problem yesterday on suspend2-users, but so far
have not gotten a reply.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting