[ltp] [Patch 0/3] ibm-acpi: Remove experimental flag from brightness and volume. Update documentation

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:42:10 +0200

Hello Len.

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 12:19, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> Since version 0.11 ecdump, brightness, volume and fan a available in
> ibm-acpi, but only if you set experimental=1 on loading.
>
> You released this version at 2005-03-17. So this is quit some time to
> see if some of these features make problems.
>
> I think it's ok to make ecdump and fan only available, if loaded with
> experimental. As ecdump is only for debugging and explore new features
> and fan stop can damage the hardware.
>
> Both features were tested with various scripts and application for a long
> time without problems.
>
> Second patch updates the documentation for the first patch.
>
> Third one documents the new wan feature from Jeremy Fitzhardinge. Please review
> this, as I don't have a device to test this.

Any comments about this patches?

The first try of the first patch I sent to Borislav at 2006-08-24,
only linux-thinkpad cc'ed this time:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-thinkpad&m=115643103426795&w=2

Unfortunately it is not the first time Borislav don't reply on
patches. What's the way to go here?

regards
Stefan Schmidt