[ltp] video switching on x60

Jon Dowland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:14:41 +0100

At 1159312240 past the epoch, Irene Quintana wrote:
>   I tried adding the following to xorg.conf
>       Option    "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"
>       Option    "Clone" "true"

You may or may not need to enable Xinerama, too. I'm not
sure, I've never managed to get this approach to work on my
x40.

>   I also have browsed the archives which talks on pressing
>   FnF7 to switch display but it doesnt work.

When you press Fn+F7, do you get anything added to
/var/log/acpid ?

> I also tried executing "echo video_switch >
> /proc/acpi/ibm/video" but that too doesn't work.

Is the module ibm_acpi loaded? Does /proc/acpi exist? if you
cat /proc/acpi/ibm/video, what does it contain (before and
after trying to switch video)? Is there anything added to
the output of 'dmesg' after trying to echo video_switch?

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/