[ltp] Which distro will have the best ThinkPad (T60) support?

Jon Dowland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:40:28 +0100

At 1159114315 past the epoch, Johannes Boy wrote:
> But either way, I'm afraid you need to recompile the
> kernel on both system to make the USB subsystem a module
> and unload it on hibernate/sleep... I guess every distro
> compiles this stuff straight into the kernel and in most
> cases it will mess up the hibernation.

I don't believe this is true. On Debian, the USB subsystem
is entirely modular, or do you mean something other than
usbcore and {e,u,o}hci_hcd?  I've just booted the only
ubuntu system I have to hand (which is the vmware-modified
browser applience) and it's the same there.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/