[ltp] Which distro will have the best ThinkPad (T60) support?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:59:02 -0400

On 9/27/06, Brian Smith <brianlsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was hoping that at least Suse would have reached the point where it was
> download-and-go on ThinkPads due to their deal with Lenovo. Apparently that
> is not the case yet, right?

SuSE 10.1 is download-install-apply updates-and go.  I think before
one of the updates, there was a suspend problem, but after the first
pass applying updates via YOU everything works fine.  On my T60p the
video options are either the VESA driver or the ATI binary driver, and
the binary driver has also had suspend problems on every release after
8.25.x.  So you can either use that old release or the VESA driver.
I'm not sure if 10.2 will have any better open source video support,
or if the scenario would be any different for the video card in your
machine.

Thanks,
     Aaron