[ltp] 380XD upgrading.

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:35:10 -0400

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 09:31 +0100, cloakable wrote
:
> I will be listening to music,
> watching videos, etc. And speaking of battery, how much time can I expect
> from one at the most? With powersaving, etc.

I honestly couldn't tell you about the battery life, since I don't
remember how long the battery lasted when it *would* hold a charge.

Mplayer and xine worked well enough on my 380XD for playing VideoCDs,
but it'd sometimes have trouble playing larger videos.  (I had the 233
MHz Pentium).  I used XMMS for music on the machine with no problems.

> > If you want pain, though, try running openoffice on a 701c.  Go on.  I
> > dare ya! :)

> :) I think I'll give that a miss :P I guess the 701c has less than 64MB RAM?

8-40MB, I believe.  The 701c is the old "butterfly" laptop.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com