[ltp] Open SUSE + ThinkPad T43p + DockStation + IBM LCD - no external LCD

Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:40:42 -0400

On 4/4/07, AV <linuksas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Open SUSE 10.2 + IBM ThinkPad T43p + DockStation + IBM LCD L192p.
> Installed ATI driver + XGL. All is ok except that I can not use external
> LCD... T43p has 1400x1050 resolution and LCD is capable to get 1280x1024
> resolution.

with the open radeon driver you need the driver from git head or the
latest release candidate.
Just set monitorlayout to "LVDS, TMDS"

> Could someone guide me step by step what I have to do to get this hardware
> to work together...? It would be super to use IBM's Fn+F7 combination to
> toogle displays.

By default, Fn-F7 uses the bios which has certain limitations.  You'd
have to use ibm-acpi to switch fn-f7 to only produce events and then
tie the events into randr or ati's tool.

Alex