[ltp] gnome-screensaver and locking using fn-f2

Grant Williamson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:59:04 +0200

I am looking at ubuntu, they use acpi_fakekey to send keycodes to X for
various events.
A reasonable description on how this works can be found here -
http://leufke.info/linux/asus/
I know ubuntu works fine, but I am trying to use this same technique on
rhel5.
i.e.
./acpi_fakekey 150
Will send me to my firefox homepage. However ./acpi_fakekey 152 does not
lock my screen.

Even using the same keymaps as ubuntu, it makes little difference, what
else did ubuntu do to make these combinations work?