[ltp] Open SUSE + ThinkPad T43p + DockStation + IBM LCD - no external LCD

Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:47:19 -0400

On 4/5/07, AV <linuksas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My video card is ATI Mobility FireGL V3200 (M24 GL 3154). In my
> > > /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in Section "Device" there is a line Driver
> > > "fglrx". So I assume that my video card driver is fglrx...? If I
> > > understand correct without that I can not run 3D stuff (Compiz or
> > > Beryl)...?
> >
> > Incorrect.  Your card is supported (both 2D and 3D) by the opensource
> > driver.  I've never used suse, so I don't know why you can't get the
> > open driver working.  you probably have to uninstall fglrx.
> >

> Ok... I will try to do that. I have other IBM TP43 I can experiment
> with. So basicly I have to go to OpenSUSE site, find and download
> latest driver for my video card, install it and configure? And do not
> use ATI driver from ATI site?

You are welcome to use fglrx, I'm just familiar with the opensource
ati driver and I know that it works.  I would assume suse installs the
xorg ati driver by default, but perhaps not.  anyway it's probably
called something like xserver-xorg-ati or xorg-ati-driver or something
like that.