[ltp] Thinkpad X31 - Intriguing Hard Freeze - Semi-Random but Reproducible

Peter Heatwole linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:08:12 -0700

------=_Part_11777_14934544.1176163692918

First, thanks a bunch for the replies.

For the moment I'm going to focus on one particular question. I have a
16v/3.5A adapter (56w). Should I be using a 72w with an X31? I just noticed
an old thread on this subject that made me wonder. In addition, it was
manufactured in 2003. Do these things go bad that quickly? (I assume they do
wear out.)

Lastly, is it okay if the adapter buzzes? It's not loud, I have to put my
head near it, but it's definitely there. Other adapters I have used have
done this, as did my Gateway LCD before I returned it (it was really loud,
to my ears). It seems to just be the design of switching power supplies. But
is there still some concern there?

Thanks again,
-- Peter

------=_Part_11777_14934544.1176163692918

First, thanks a bunch for the replies.<br><br>For the moment I&#39;m going to focus on one particular question. I have a 16v/3.5A adapter (56w). Should I be using a 72w with an X31? I just noticed an old thread on this subject that made me wonder. In addition, it was manufactured in 2003. Do these things go bad that quickly? (I assume they do wear out.)

------=_Part_11777_14934544.1176163692918--