[ltp] Fn+f* generic events

Wed, 11 Apr 2007 01:42:24 +1000

--=-IGHaDwWsjVPrC7TK+di9

Hei,

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 08:17 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> > The ibm-acpi key events are not the same as the generic key events for
> > those buttons. Hence they may not be processed properly by the daemon.
>=20
> But they could be.  Please reply with the generic key events for these
> buttons...  I need to re-read the ACPI 3.0a spec, but I don't recall offh=
and
> any generic events for hotkeys.
>=20
> I certainly intend to make ibm-acpi/thinkpad-acpi as generic as it can ge=
t.

sorry, my bad. There is actually only one that overlaps here, the one
for Fn-F4. See this discussion:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:How_to_configure_acpid#Which_event_is_wh=
ich

At least to my understanding it seemed that button/sleep is the more
generic event for that, as was emitted by that old thinkpad-acpi driver
that was temporarily in the kernel.

But i wonder if changing that for that single button does any good,
because it adds inconsistency. So i'd rather say stay with how it is.

Andr=E9.

--=-IGHaDwWsjVPrC7TK+di9

--=-IGHaDwWsjVPrC7TK+di9--