[ltp] fingerprint reader on T60 with Ubuntu Edgy

Peter Matulis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:33:22 -0400 (EDT)

I installed tf0.3 and I did pass the initial enroll/verify phase and
also added a real user.  As well, I do get the expected prompt:

"Password of swipe finger:"

Swiping (after, say, 'sudo ls') gives no output.  It simply produces a
carriage return.

/etc/pam.d/common-auth:

auth    sufficient      pam_thinkfinger.so
auth    required        pam_unix.so nullok_secure try_first_pass

pam_thinkfinger.so resides under /lib/security

What am I missing?

Peter