[ltp] T43 (2668-89U) and sleep/hibernate

Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:59:32 -0500

Does anyone have suspend-to-RAM/sleep and suspend-to-disk/hibernate
working 100% reliably on their T43?

I've got a T43 2668-89U, which includes the ATI x300 video card.

I've reached the point of desperation in trying to get suspend to
work reliably: I've been fighting this off and on for the last year
since I purchased the laptop.  What I'm hoping for is to just be
pointed to a distribution and exact set of config files to make it
all work.

Where I'm at now is this: suspend-to-RAM is totally random (and
generally it fails with a hard-locked machine).  Supend-to-disk
usually works once after a cold boot.  Subsequent suspends work
*sometimes*.  Riding the train home from work the other day, I was
fiddling with it, and got suspend-to-disk to work at least five
times consecutively.  I thought I had it.  But later that night, I
was reading an article on the web before bed, tried to hibernate,
and it hard-locked.

Normally I like hacking on things... but in this case, I just want
to *use* the laptop!

Looking for sympathizers,
Matt