[ltp] hdaps: supported laptop not found!

Johannes Bittner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:07:23 +0200

Hi there,

I just installed Debian Etch on my Thinkpad Z61m. (BIOS: 2.16, Kernel:
2.6.20.6) When I tried to load the "hdaps" kernel module, the following
error occured:

         hdaps: supported laptop not found!
         hdaps: driver init failed (ret=-19)

The strange thing about this is that it already worked some time ago (I
installed linux already but it got deleted as I had to re-install
Windows using the supplied recovery CDs). At that time I was running
Linux 2.6.19.1 and an older BIOS-version. In the source of the hdaps
driver I read:

         If your ThinkPad is not recognized by the driver, please update
         to latest BIOS. This is especially the case for some R52
         ThinkPads.

but I already have the latest BIOS-version. Also, according to [1] there
didn't change much in since 2.6.19.1 concerning the hdaps driver (which
was released in November). PS: Yes, it works under Windows XP ;)

Many thanks in advance!

kind regards,
johannes

[1]http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;f=drivers/hwmon/hdaps.c;h=bf759ea545ac593e319fe1d89f12e48b5caba0b9;hb=HEAD