[ltp] starting out with suspend/hibernate

jaime johnson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
Useful link:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Feisty_Installation_Guide

Check the above how to for recent ubuntu versions. Pay
particular attention to the settings for
/etc/defaults/acpi-support. Of course this assumes you
are using ati proprietary drivers. I have a t60 2613,
core2 with x1300 graphics, running feisty 32 bit.
Suspend to ram works great and hibernate too, but I
think shutdown/rebooting is quicker than hibernate.
Yesterday I even got compiz going with xgl on the 2nd
to last ati driver release (8.34.8). A few tweaks here
and there, but mostly just running the distro
packages.  Good luck!

Jim