[ltp] OSD assistance with ibm-acpi

Nathaniel Austin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:27:24 -0400

--_8433e48a-4513-4874-9c6b-ebbd78d0cd3e_

Hi,I recently installed Ubuntu on my IBM t43p. It is my first Linux install=
, but I am decently knowledgeable about it.IBM-acpi was contained in the ke=
rnel, and all the buttons worked on my thinkpad after a little tweaking. Th=
ere was a very nice OSD with the volume and brightness buttons (it matched =
the default gnome theme). I installed TBP onto my box (didn't know it would=
 reset the OSD for those buttons. After rebooting, the OSD was now just tex=
t at the bottom of the screuntu on my IBM t43p. It is my first Linux instal=
l, but I am decently knowledgeable about it.=0A=
=0A=
IBM-acpi was contained in the kernel, and all the buttons worked on my=0A=
thinkpad after a little tweaking. There was a very nice OSD with the=0A=
volume and brightness buttons (it matched the default gnome theme). I=0A=
installed TBP onto my box (didn't know it would reset the OSD for those=0A=
buttons. After rebooting, the OSD was now just text at the bottom of=0A=
the screen. So I uninstalled TBP, and now I have no OSD for those=0A=
buttons (they still work however).=0A=
=0A=
I was wondering if there was a way to bring back the default OSD? Was=0A=
TBP installed already as well and you just have to tweak it? Or is=0A=
there another way to customize that OSD (or just turn it on) from=0A=
ibm-acpi.=0A=
=0A=
Thanks for any help you can provide.=0A=
=0A=
Nate
Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office =
Live!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0540002919mrt/direct/01/=

--_8433e48a-4513-4874-9c6b-ebbd78d0cd3e_

<head>
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
 Linux install, but I am decently knowledgeable about it.<br><br>IBM-acpi w=
as contained in the kernel, and all the buttons worked on my thinkpad after=
 a little tweaking. There was a very nice OSD with the volume and brightnes=
s buttons (it matched the default gnome theme). I installed TBP onto my box=
 (didn't know it would reset the OSD for those buttons. After rebooting, th=
e OSD was now just text at the bottom of the screuntu on my IBM t43p. It is=
 my first Linux install, but I am decently knowledgeable about it.<br>=0A=
IBM-acpi was contained in the kernel, and all the buttons worked on my=0A=
thinkpad after a little tweaking. There was a very nice OSD with the=0A=
volume and brightness buttons (it matched the default gnome theme). I=0A=
installed TBP onto my box (didn't know it would reset the OSD for those=0A=
buttons. After rebooting, the OSD was now just text at the bottom of=0A=
the screen. So I uninstalled TBP, and now I have no OSD for those=0A=
buttons (they still work however).<br>=0A=
I was wondering if there was a way to bring back the default OSD? Was=0A=
TBP installed already as well and you just have to tweak it? Or is=0A=
there another way to customize that OSD (or just turn it on) from=0A=
ibm-acpi.<br>=0A=
Thanks for any help you can provide.<br>=0A=
e he arrives. <a href=3D'http://Newlivehotmail.com' target=3D'_new'>Check i=
t out for yourself.</a></body>

--_8433e48a-4513-4874-9c6b-ebbd78d0cd3e_--