[ltp] OSD assistance with ibm-acpi

Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:49:49 -0300

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Nathaniel Austin wrote:
> thinkpad after a little tweaking. There was a very nice OSD with the
> volume and brightness buttons (it matched the default gnome theme). I
> installed TBP onto my box (didn't know it would reset the OSD for those
> buttons. After rebooting, the OSD was now just text at the bottom of
> the screen. So I uninstalled TBP, and now I have no OSD for those
> buttons (they still work however).

Two possibilities come to mind:
	1. installing tpb made it remove another package.
		/var/log/ is your friend.
		apt-cache show tpb can also help, look for "Conflicts:"
		lines.

	2. installing tpb disabled some kde/gnome built-in OSD for the
	thinkpad
		look inside their control pannels, to find a way to
		re-enable it.

  Henrique Holschuh