[ltp] cpufreqd with T60p/ubuntu?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:06:00 -0400

Someone suggested I install cpufreqd to address some of my temperature
control problems.  I have a few questions:

1. Ubuntu seems to be using powernowd by default, which will be
   removed if I install cpufreqd.  Should I expect to lose any
   functionality if I do that.

2. The description of cpufreqd says that it does voltage control.  I
   had previously thought that I would need linux-phc (a kernel patch)
   for undervolting.  Was I mistaken, or am I just misinterpreting the
   information?  And will cpufreqd control the voltage on my core duo?

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting