[ltp] Re: ACPI sleep loses battery info - until KDE logout

Dimitris Kogias linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:25:48 -0700

> After a little experimentation, this behavior correlates perfectly with
> a running ksysguardd.  When the ksysguard applet is present, ksysguardd
> has /proc/acpi/{battery,fan,thermal_zone} open.  I suspect that this
> causes problems to the battery module [un]loading through the
> suspend/resume scripts, as suggested by some of the log messages (see my
> original message in this thread).
>
> Stopping ksysguardd by removing the applet makes this problem go away.
> I'll keep looking for workarounds.

For now I've kludged around this by adding a resume script that HUPs
ksysguardd.  That allwos the battery modeule [un]load to proceed and
"fixes" the problem.

For the more knowledgable on KDE and HAL:  Is there an effor/way, and
would it make sense, to have processes like ksysguardd not go directly
to the /proc/acpi filesystem for hardware monitoring of events?  Are
there equivalent HAL APIs?

Thanks

D.