[ltp] Is the t60 is a goog succesor for a t42.

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
26 Apr 2007 14:15:08 +0200

Hi,

My t42 (with a 1600x1200 screen of 15") becomes old.
Sometimes I have fuzzy error on the display.

So I'll replace now it and use this t42 as a second laptop of the family.

I think I'll buy a t60. This one :

http://www.go4it.fr/lenovo-thinkpad-t60-8744-p-8308.html

Changes seems minor between the 2 laptop.

The screen is a little better for the t42.
Perhaps the battery is better in the t60 ?
Do you see other changes.

Can I run linux on it out of the box ?
  is the wifi card recognized ?
  is x11-xorg right after the main apt-get ?
Almost as I do for my t42, but the wifi card.

Must I use a Lenovo hard disk in a t60.

Are the partition are the same ?
Can I put an IBM partition, a windows partition and others for linux.
Can I use grub or must I use windows dual boot ?

Do you have other tips.

Have a nice day !

Francois, in France.