[ltp] Is the t60 is a goog succesor for a t42.

Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:02:42 +0100

Sascha Heid wrote:

> There is no 1600x1200 available for the T60, right?

I have exactly that, in my T60p.

>> > Perhaps the battery is better in the t60 ?
>
> I believe it will be less. A Core Duo requires much more power than a
> Pentium-M with the same clockspeed and the T60 does not even have a
> Low-Voltage Core-Duo.
>
> CoreDuo TDP = 65W
> Pentium-M 2.26GHz TDP = 27W
>
> Im not saying the battery-life will be three times less but maybe you
> wanna google for what other people say about theirs.

I bought the version with the 5-hour battery; in practice I get about 4
hours with it. I did no tweaking from the Ubuntu defaults, except to use
the taskbar battery-applet to set CPU policy to dynamic.

Regards,

Richard