[ltp] T23 external monitor resolution

Nigel Wilkinson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:24:55 +0100

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:00:18 -0400
John Shane <jslists@mtwafrica.org> wrote:

> Keep us posted on what you find out.

Had a look in the X.log and found the following

(--) SAVAGE(0): Found 13 modes at this depth:
    [10e] 320 x 200, 70Hz
    [111] 640 x 480, 60Hz, 72Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz
    [114] 800 x 600, 60Hz, 72Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz
    [117] 1024 x 768, 60Hz, 70Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz
    [11a] 1280 x 1024, 60Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz
    [11d] 640 x 400, 70Hz
    [122] 1600 x 1200, 60Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz
    [133] 320 x 240, 72Hz
    [13c] 1400 x 1050, 60Hz, 75Hz
    [143] 400 x 300, 72Hz
    [153] 512 x 384, 70Hz
    [173] 720 x 480, 75Hz
    [17e] 720 x 576, 75Hz

There's no widescreen modes listed so I think I'll give up there. I'm
not going to experiment with Alex's suggestions as I can't find the
options he mentions in the man pages and I'm old enough to remember
when you had to enter the horiz & vert refresh rates of your monitor
manually when installing Linux and you got the warning that incorrect
refresh rates could blow up your monitor. I used to put on my running
shoes, hit enter and sprint into the kitchen. If there wasn't a BANG
I'd peek round the corner to see what was happening. I am THINKING of
getting a new monitor I don't want to HAVE TO get a new monitor.

Cheers
Cowardly of Heathfield
Nigel