[ltp] X60s: Suspend to RAM - KDE v/s Gnome

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:58:57 +0200

Hi,

i don't know fedora, but i suspect the "gnome power manager" is doing the right
thing.

The "gnome power manager" is sending a message via "dbus" to the "hald", "hald"
decides on behalf of the installed software which suspend to use, here on my
system (debian/unstable), the "hibernate" script  is called which handles the
suspend/wakeup correct.

How kde is handling the case i don't know. Maybe the above helps in finding
out.

The terms in "" are the software packages used on debian..

--
Florian Reitmeir