[ltp] Re: X60s: Suspend to RAM - KDE v/s Gnome

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:20:10 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Marcus Better wrote:

> Atul Chitnis wrote:
>> I have set the KDE battery applet
>
> Try kpowersave instead, it works better for me.

Indeed. I did a yum install kpowersave (which came out of extras),
disabled klaptop and switched to (and configured) kpowersave, and now
everything (suspend to disk, suspend to ram) works as advertised.

Bonus: I have profiles! Priceless during a presentation where I don't want
unwelcome surprises.

Given that every other distribution has been using kpowersave for a while
now, I wonder why Fedora 6 stuck to klaptop.

IAC I just checked, and Fedora 7 Test 4 uses kpowersave.

Thanks!

Atul

Atul Chitnis     | mail@atulchitnis.net
Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net