[ltp] thinkpad-acpi and input layer events

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:44:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have been playing around with the latest thinkpad-acpi and 2.6.22. So
far I have been able to cope with differences compared to the previous
versions, but one thing annoys me a bit.

Previously, a lot of hotkey presses generated ACPI events. This was all
nice and dandy and I had my acpid execute certain things upon receiving
these events. Latest thinkpad-acpi provides a choice: setting
THINKPAD_ACPI_INPUT_ENABLED gives one input layer events, rather than ACPI
events.

I am wondering how I can make my thinkpad respond to the events from the
input layer. That is, with ACPI events, I had a few scripts set up in
/etc/acpi/events/ and configured acpid to execute them on receiving some
events. Is there a similar configuration file/directory and a daemon that
I can use in case of the input layer events? Or am I approaching the
entire thing in the wrong way? What is the "right way" (ok, any way) of
listening to input layer events and associating actions with them?

TIA,

ivr