[ltp] Re: [X30] HorizSync and VertRefresh

Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:15:52 -0400

On 8/1/07, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > which are HorizSync and VertRefresh ranges of X30 (lcd) monitor?
>
> > I'm using:
>
> > HorizSync 28-51
> > VertRefresh 43-60
>
> > but I don't know if they are correct :(
>
> Are you sure you need those two lines?

The old i810 driver will use the bios, so they don't really actually
affect the timing.  The newer intel driver will program the panel
using the panel info from the bios.  The only case where you might
need them is if the driver doesn't add any native modes, which IIRC,
shouldn't be an issue with either version of the driver.

Alex