[ltp] Unlock the #$$$#%#@$%&$ ultrabay

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:20:05 -0400

Jeffrey Franc-Law wrote:
> Is there any way to disconnect the docking station from my X60 without
> the key?  I left the key at home, and I'm presently out of town.
> Personally I think the key is a crazy idea, and just gives my something
> else to lose.

The purpose of the key, is to keep the computer from being stolen.  When
I worked at IBM, all computers had to be locked down.  If you had a
docking station, you were required to remove the key, when your computer
was docked.  I doubt you could remove the computer from the docking
station, without doing damage to one or both.