[ltp] Thinkpad x61 Tablet (irq 20: nobody cared)

Hendrik-Jan Heins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:12:49 +0200

So far I even have most Thinppad buttons working too (so also wireless
on / off, bluetooth on/off, suspend to ram, sleep and auto suspend to
ram on closing the lid.

The only things I can't seem to get to work at the moment are the
brightness buttons and the volume up/down buttons.

And I'd also REALLY like to have the "page forward/"page back" buttons
to work in the browser, but I have no idea how.

As for irqpoll; see:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

<snip>
irqpoll		[HW]
802				When an interrupt is not handled search all handlers
803				for it. Also check all handlers each timer
804				interrupt. Intended to get systems with badly broken
805				firmware running.
</snip>

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=447449&group_id=42302&func=browse
I can't find the exact bug anymore,
but there are a couple of them in there that are related to this issue.
When I went tthrough the buglist, I tried varieous options mentioned
there, and it turned out that the unstable behaviour was related to
the irqpoll option for me.

Hendrik-Jan