[ltp] lenovo to provide linux support?

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:34:01 +1000

my timing of finding that piece has proved rather amusing. there was an
official announcement made by lenovo to sell thinkpad's with suse (only
at this stage) preinstalled today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSWNAS010720070806?feedType=RSS

and

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070806-lenovo-novell-partner-to-offer-linux-on-the-thinkpad.html

something is happening... somewhere... we'll see in time if its worth
anything and not just a simple (and superficial) market move to match
dell et al.

Takis