[ltp] Thinkpad x61 Tablet (irq 20: nobody cared)

Hendrik-Jan Heins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:39:11 +0200

> The additional acpi modules I am assured are harmless, pci_hotplug is
> apparently required to support the ultrabase (although I don't have
> one), and the framebuffer stuff is apparently loaded by default on
> Ubuntu to support the splash screen system.

I'm not sure what the combination of vesafb and i915  (both screen
drivers) does. I do know that combinations of these can cause nasty
problems (ATI especially is a problem).
As far as the hotplug stuff goes.  I don't think it should be an
issue, but to try to get suspend to work, starting out with the
smallest number of modules is probably a good idea.

Also, according to Henrique (also on this list and developer of
thinkpad-acpi), loading the smallest number of acpi modules is a good
thing (as in: don't load what you don't specifically need).

> >> I can't, other than point you at the Debian/Ubuntu source packages.  I
> >> know it is written by one Paul Sladen - perhaps Google will come to the
> >> rescue.
> >>
> > Do you know the name of the package?
>
> Yes - I've mentioned it before: acpi-support.

Right. I have that one loaded, but I haven't seen the thinkpad keys,
that's why I asked again.

Hendrik-Jan