[ltp] lenovo to provide linux support?

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:05:23 +0200

On Dienstag, 7. August 2007, you wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, Frank Fiene wrote:
> > Is there any documentation how to change from thinkpad-keys to this
> > input device?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Change thinkpad-keys to do
> what?

I mean change FROM using thinkpad-keys to using HAL. ;-)

> > BTW, powertop does not like thinkpad-acpi, too many wakups!
> > Are you working on this?
>
> Yes, but not for the A3x hot keys, that would require some painful
> changes to the key map that are of use only to A3x users.  They will
> have to keep using thinkpad-keys or tpb.

I have a Z61p! :-)

> Still, doing the NVRAM polling inside thinkpad-acpi will just make
> powertop NOT like thinkpad-acpi :-)  There is nothing wrong with
> thinkpad-keys as long as you really need to use NVRAM polling to know
> a key state.

So, simple stopping thinkpad-keys and looking for HAL events shoukd
work?

> However, if you have a T43 or a Lenovo laptop, you should be able to
> get all keys without the need for thinkpad-keys or any polling.  Get
> the latest thinkpad-acpi from ibm-acpi.sf.net, and go poke the HAL
> people to know how to use the thinkpad-acpi input device.

I am running kernel 2.6.22.1 and thinkpad-acpi-0.15.

I am searching for HAL events then, thx!

BTW: You are not living in Blumenau, are you?

Regards
Frank
--
Frank Fiene / IT-Services
Fon: +49 2526 29-6200

VEKA AG
Dieselstr. 8
48324 Sendenhorst
Deutschland/Germany

Vorstand: Andreas Hartleif (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas W. Hillebrand
		Bonifatius Eichwald, Elke Hartleif, Dr. Werner Schuler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Heinrich Laumann
HRB 8282 AG Münster